Re: Topband: Remote SDR Receive only setup

To: Frank Davis <fdavis@nfld.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Remote SDR Receive only setup
From: Mack McCormick <w4ax.mack@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 07:34:22 -0500
Frank,

I do a great deal of remote work including exposing  160M, 80M, and 40M,
and 20M receivers to dozens of users simultaneously that they can
tune independently. Take a look at http://w4ax.com and if this is something
you're interested in pursuing then drop me a note. You must have Java
loaded to use this site.

73,

Mack
W4AX

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Frank Davis <fdavis@nfld.net> wrote:

> I would be interested in talking to anyone who has successfully
> implemented remote receive only capability for 160m ?    I have been
> thinking of an available seaside  location that offers some relief from
> noise but deciding on the most effective approach is challenging.   Is an
> SDR/PC/remote server a good way to do it or is the PC-less approach using
> remote hardware more effective?
>
> If there is someone willing to share ideas with me I would appreciate it.
>
> Frank VO1HP
>
> Sent from an iPad2
> Topband reflector - topband@contesting.com

Mack de W4AX