Re: Topband: Converting a full-size G5RV to a T for 160m

To: <mike@wa9pie.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Converting a full-size G5RV to a T for 160m
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 06:10:05 -0500
I saw a few items in a Google search where guys had converted their
full-size G5RV into a T antenna on 160m. It had something to do with adding the obligatory counterpoise and shorting the feedline. This would turn the
antenna from a horizontal radiator to a vertical radiator.

Anyone have any info on this?  Or can you refer me to a source?

Try this:

http://www.w8ji.com/g5rv_facts.htm

When I lived on a suburban lot, I phased my G5RV against a ~100-foot tall insulated base tower. I had two unidirectional patterns and two bi-directional patterns from that system.

73 Tom