Re: Topband: Not sure why it was bouncing.....

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Not sure why it was bouncing.....
From: "Keith Jillings (G3OIT)" <g3oit.keith@jillings.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 09:28:11 +0000
On 08/11/2012 00:04, k4tmc@aol.com wrote:
I just re-subscribed (after many years of just reading the archives) and am
experiencing the same problem.  But I empty my inbox several times a day, and
only receive a few spam messages per day.  Since I also have an AOL address,
maybe something is wrong with those addresses for some reason.  However, I do
not have the problem with other lists.  I just processed my third
re-confirmation response to the list tonight.

I administer a Mailman list like this one, for my alumni association.

I've had the same problem in the past, with AOL addresses. There's something odd about how AOL connect their system with the Internet that upsets Mailman. AOL didn't want to talk about it, so I set up a separate forwarder that doesn't accept bounces. That sort-of cured it, although the AOL users complain that they often don't get stuff.

No other Internet provider has this problem, so the fix looks pretty clear...

73,

Keith   G3OIT