Re: Topband: [Topband] Antenna analysers in close proximity to BC statio

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: [Topband] Antenna analysers in close proximity to BC station
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 11:16:33 -0400
On 11/03/2012 11:00 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
I just lugged my TS-930 out to the tower base.  It took all of 5 minutes
to set the Omega match where it needed to be.

I have a two conductor cable permanently run from the tower base to the shack, where it is wired to key the rig. That way, all I have to take to the tower with me is a small SWR bridge. I also have a 100 foot "cord" which I can use to extend the rig keying line to the top of the tower if and as needed for adjusting whatever antenna might be serving as top loading.

This setup pre-dates buying an MFJ-259B a couple of years ago. I don't have any strong RF sources nearby, so the latter works fine.

73,
Paul