Re: Topband: NH8S or KH8S

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: Topband: NH8S or KH8S
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:30:38 -0400
Jiim, Nice work with 5 watts. I can't hear a peep here in the Eastern Caribbean on TB with three Beverages pointed that way. I did work N8S in 2007 without any problem. Summer time DX is problematic (whatever that means). But D64K was not a problem last month on TB although I don't believe nay other NA was able to hear them well enough for a contact. they were in here 589 peaking night after night. it is very funny since my shot to KH8 is almost totally over sea water with no hill no mountains in between, just the narrow portion of Central America.

Well as the old-timer says, "You pay your money and you take your choice."

Now with all these super Dx-pedition types all converging on American Samoa for R&R, I just can't understand why they don't take a few minutes to fire up on TB. I think more like myself need that compared to Swains. At least it has escaped me for decades.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ