Topband: The blind squirrel finds a nut: RI1ANF

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: The blind squirrel finds a nut: RI1ANF
From: "Mark Lunday" <mlunday@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 00:03:48 -0400
I have made many sacrifices to the TB DX gods: miles of wire, gallons of
sweat, cuts and bruises from undergrowth.  I have read many books, purchased
ON4UN twice (revised ed), and listened to the gurus here over several years.
Tonight, I got lucky.  Worked RI1ANF, Oleg, on my inverted L at 0345 UTC.
The thunderstorm static subsided just enough to pull his call out.  Of
course, it helps that Oleg is a superb operator.  Me, I am just lucky.but I
will take it for country #80 on TB.

Thanks to all of you OT's who are so helpful to us newbies and wanna-be
DXers on this reflector.  Can't really convey it effectively in an email,
how much I appreciate the encouragement and support.

Mark Lunday
WD4ELG

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK