Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 116, Issue 49

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 116, Issue 49
From: wa3mej@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 03:52:43 +0000 (UTC)

EDDY,

  IMHO you are much better using a ballanced tuner with an UNUN on the
transmitter side. You will get a better match over a wider impendence AND a
wider frequency range provided you choose the correct capacitor and inductors.
I used this with my loop and also an openwire fed dipole with NO problems and
no RF running rampant in the shack. This is the only place that I will put an
UNUN in the shack and only because I can not locate the tuner outside (its not
remotely tunable)  If I could find some flat ribbon wire I would wind my own
inductor and add a motor to it to tune it remotely.

Jim

http://www.qsl.net/wa3mej/index.htm