Topband: Radials over a stone wall

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Radials over a stone wall
From: "dick-bingham" <dick-bingham@hughes.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 08:51:56 -0700
Good morning to everyone

A technique I've seen used to go under a road or surface obstruction is to
dig work-pit holes on opposite sides and use a hydraulic-jack laying on its
side with its base pressing against a steel-plate or block of wood
positioned against the back-side of the access pit. The jack's
extending-post then presses against the end of a 'penetration pipe' whose
length is increased by adding additional sections.

If the soil is basically rock-free you could use a garden hose with one of
those axially-thin adjustable spray nozzles set to generate a thin jet of
water and feed it under the object. This technique might require a nozzle
fitted on the end of a two-foot long guide-pipe to keep the path pretty
straight. The eroded dirt flows back out of the hole along the hose/pipe
into your work pit.

As a kid I lost about 20-feet of hose digging a 'hole' straight into the
ground after turning off the water and the slurry settled in around the
hose...

73 Dick/w7wkr/CN98pi

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK