Re: Topband: Fw: Re: Radials over a stone wall

To: "top Band" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: Re: Radials over a stone wall
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 23:33:29 -0400
Just an out of the box thought...
Anyone guess what would happen if the radials going over
the wall were coax shielded ?
Signed,

Anonymous :-))

I wouldn't sign that either, given the fact it is impossible to shield a
conductor going up over a wall without nearly perfect grounds on each side
of the wall.
:-)

If we had a nearly perfect ground at each side of the wall, there wouldn't
be any need to go over it with a wire.   :-)

It's like that "silly stuff" about shielding a ground lead, or shielding the
vertical Beverage feed connection wire. We keep adding shield after shield
an the common mode just keeps moving out the the next layer we add.

That might make a good article for 73 Magazine, if they were still around.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK