Topband: Radials over a stone wall

To: "'topband'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Radials over a stone wall
From: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 11:17:42 -0400
I shunt feed my tower for topband. I use variable vacuum caps and a vacuum
relay at the base to switch between the low end and the high end of the
band. It seems to work okay. I have 100' buried radials spaced 10' at the
ends from o degrees going clockwise through about 220 degrees. I have a 4'
high stone wall that runs about 20/200 degrees that is about 35' at its
closest point to the tower. So the radials are progressively shorter on the
West side of the tower.

I am making an assumption that going up over the wall will distort any
benefits of extending the radials on the West side? Is that a true
assumption.

I can't really have the radials go from the tower base up at an angle to
clear the stone wall and continue on. If I am to extend them the radials
would have to go on the ground to the wall then up and over and back down to
the ground.

73,

N2TK, Tony

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK