Topband: the other inverted L

To: olinger@bellsouth.net
Subject: Topband: the other inverted L
From: w7dra@juno.com
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 23:36:40 -0700
in my simplistic way of settting up an antenna, link coupling a tank
circuit, the top of which is connected to a half wave long inverted L,
the bottom of which (right now) is connected to a 5/16 wave FCP

I know what power goes out of the top of the coil must come into the
bottom of the coil  somehow.

I have done all I can do to get the current portion of the antenna as far
up and away from the ground that I can

To avoid the FCP ground counterpoise problem altogether, I could center
feed the L with coax to a link on the tank

or up the turns on the link and feed it as an OCF dipole half way up the
vertical leg.

now  no ground return is necessary on the tank curcuit

I am not saying that if I had a perfect ground screen below the antenna
that "that would not be a good thing to do"

mike w7dra
53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/501cc3369de6343361d17st04vuc
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK