Re: Topband: THE ITINERANT 160 METER ANTENNA PROJECT

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: THE ITINERANT 160 METER ANTENNA PROJECT
From: Les Kalmus <w2lk@bk-lk.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 12:57:53 -0400
On Lord Howe Island last summer, on 160M, we deployed a Spiderbeam 18M
fiberglass telescopic pole with a 1/4 wave wire taped to it.
The excess wire came off the top like an inverted L and was tied to a
convenient fence.
There were two sets of 4 light synthetic rope guys to ground stakes.
We had a bunch of radials made of electric fence wire on the ground and
a small matching network at the base.
Light, easy to erect, shippable, not too expensive and worked very well.

I believe we will have the same antenna on Campbell Island in November.
No engineering required except for the matching network.

Les W2LK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK