Re: Topband: WD1A

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>, kd9sv@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Topband: WD1A
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:41:26 -0500
Gary, was your 140 ohm WD-1A made from .0393 (1mm) diameter wires, spaced
.118 center-to-center? My math says that should be a little over 140 ohms.

But the stuff I was talking about was a different diameter and spacing
(.033 diameter and .0685 center-to-center spacing.) The same math says it's
~115 ohms, but I had no way of measuring a piece less than a foot long.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 1:49 PM, kd9sv <kd9sv@comcast.net> wrote:

> Mike, the measurements I took here on a short (300ft) WD-1A with average
> height of 5ft using the method W8JI recommends with a termination resistor
> (pot) and MFJ-259 showed an impedance of 140 ohms on both 160 and 80
> meters.
> I did not attempt to measure at higher freq's...de gary, kd9sv

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK