Re: Topband: WD-1A

To: "Herb Schoenbohm" <herbs@vitelcom.net>, "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: WD-1A
From: "Bill Wichers" <billw@waveform.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 10:47:10 -0400
If you're lucky, you might be able to grab the innermost end of the wire
and pull it out of the center of the coil (I'm assuming your rotted-away
reel left a "coil" of cable). There are actually commercial pull-out
type packages of wire made similarly to this. The wire will come out
with extra twists in it though.

If that doesn't work I think you're stuck with a lot of untangling work
if you want to make use of the wire.

  -Bill

> I use several 900 foot reversible made from WD-1A and found this as a
> good solution and a good price for wire itself.  I use the KD9SV boxes
> that Gary designed.  My big problem is that I have huge 2500 foot roll
> where the cardboard core disintegrated leaving a mass of tangled WD-1.
> Maybe someone has an idea on the best way to unravel this without
> cutting it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Herb, KV4FZ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK