Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 115, Issue 26

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 115, Issue 26
From: "pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer2@q.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 11:14:10 -0700
This thread has wandered away from the choke between amp and exciter or
whatever(never would do this but that has been beat to death  )to what choke
impedances are and the measurement errors that can be encountered.

One thing that has always bugged me is very very few of these discussions
ever seem to consider what impedance the choke is working between. Seem to
me if you dont know that it really does not matter what the choke impedance
is at some frequency.

Which leads me to ask - what is wrong with measuring the attenuation with a
two port VNA with the choke simply in series between port 1 and port 2 ?(of
course calibrating out any cables if used)  This is basically a "VI"
measurement and seems  to me to give valid measure of the atteuation if the
load impedance presented to the choke is 50 ohms and the choke is driven
from a 50 ohm source.

?????

Hank K7HP

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK