Re: Topband: Mother of all ferrite common-mode coaxial chokes

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Mother of all ferrite common-mode coaxial chokes
From: "Victor Goncharsky US5WE" <us5we@bk.ru>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 08:48:06 -0000
Using them a lot between VHF and UHF boxes to break ground RF paths.
Really helps to prevens all kinds of unpredictable oscillation effects.
Planning to be on 160 this coming season to finish Tob Band DXCC required
for field checking.
In the mean time studying necessary technical references.

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 01:58:46 -0000, Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com> wrote:

> Carl,
>
> Regardless of what feelings people might have, beads and isolators
> really do
> not belong on transmitter lines between amplifiers and radios, or between
> filters and amplifiers.
>
> There isn't any reasonable logical technical reason for using them there,
> and there are many reasons not to use them.
>
> I can't think of a bigger waste of time and ferrite materials.
>
>  73 Tom

73 Vic US5WE/K1WE (UW5W in VHF contests) KN29AU
UARL VHF committee
Chairman, UARL Lvov Branch "LKK"
Moderator, UARL VHF portal http://www.vhfdx.at.ua
DXCC card checker in Ukraine
---------
Zorg: If you want something done, do it yourself. Yep!
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK