Re: Topband: radial wire source

To: "Dan Bookwalter" <N8DCJ@YAHOO.COM>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: radial wire source
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 09:35:48 -0400
Going with #14 would be fine for the first 4-8 if you are keeping a running
log of measurements; otherwise its overkill.

As far as pricing the local surplus dealer has any gauge at $3 a pound and
Ive seen it cheaper at scrap metal dealers.
My old systems used #18, on the ground and later elevated.

If on the ground a layer of mesh out to 50' or so is better by far as a
starting point. That has been discussed on here many times.

Carl
KM1H