Topband: BEVS ON SAME SUPPORT

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: BEVS ON SAME SUPPORT
From: "Bill and Liz" <magoo@isp.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 07:36:31 -0400
Like ZL3IX, I also had very poor results with a Beverage travelling too close
to a fence.  F/B was bad but even worse was coupling of noise picked up by the
fence.

WRT a second Bev on the same post, 12"-18" is far too close to space the two
wires.  I have several Bevs which cross at something other than 90 degrees and
these antennas always seem to be less effective than those which do not cross
another antenna.  Even though unused Bevs are grounded, are not parallell and
the crossings are seperated by a foot or more, there IS coupling which is
reflected in slightly elevated noise and lower F/B.

So, my suggestion regarding running Bevs in opposite directions on the same
poles would be "don't try it"!

Bill VE3CSK
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK