Re: Topband: Two wire Beverage Question

To: "Herb Schoenbohm" <herbs@vitelcom.net>, "Niko Safaric" <niko.safaric@bit.si>, "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Two wire Beverage Question
From: <g3pqa@onetel.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 15:52:11 +0100
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:39 PM
To: Niko Safaric ; TopBand List
Subject: Topband: Two wire Beverage Question

>Thhanks Niko for sharing your experience with me.  I did not find a
reason why this takes place so I ran a separate 600 foot Beverage about
50 feet away and parallel to the two wire. The single wire works fine on
40 meters to the direction of the termination. A possible reason why the
two WD1-A does not work in the reverse direction on 40 meters, but works
well on 160 and 80 could be that it is to long for 40.  This is just a
gut reaction as I have not come up with any  reason.
I hope someone of the topband list group here has an answer.
> Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
> On 5/22/2012 5:02 AM, Niko Safaric wrote:
>
> Dear Herb,
>
> On topband contesting Ihavefound your question about strange manner of
> your beverage

I recently measured Gary's 2-way boxes and they are good (virtually flat
freq response) to over 21 MHz..
Unfortunately my 200m 2-way is down on 3.5MHz in reverse direction, and also
deaf on 7MHz probably because total transmission line losses are over 20dB
on that band. Plus earth and transformer losses another few dB.
(I was thinking of trying a remote preamp).
73
John G3PQA

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK