Re: Topband: Home Depot LED bulb interference.

To: topband@contesting.com, "Jim F." <j_fitton@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Home Depot LED bulb interference.
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 10:56:25 -0700
On 4/5/2012 9:45 AM, Jim F. wrote:
> I will continue to use one upstairs well away from my operating
> table turned off while operating because I like the bulb and the
> price.

That's a very bad move -- by buying an RF-noisy product, we cause RFI to
ourselves and our neighbors, and we cause more RF-noisy products to be
sold.

Take it back and demand a refund. Tell them why -- but don't say ham
radio, say that it interferes with your AM and/or FM radios.  If you
hear it on 160M, chances are it will also be be killing an AM or FM
table radio near the lamp.

73, Jim Brown K9YC
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK