Re: Topband: Cushcraft MA-160

To: Paul Lambert <plambert101@gmail.com>, Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>, TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Cushcraft MA-160
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 06:45:03 -0400
Paul,

I really don't know if it makes a difference as the top wire is only
supposed to do top loading and the goal is to minimize high angle
radiation from the horizontal portion.  I saw the crow's foot antenna in
a US Military Antenna book once and it had three on the top and three
wires on the bottom Marconi style feed.  Maybe this would be a good
configuration for someone to model. Personally I prefer the Marconi T
with a symmetric ground system.  Maybe Guy K2AV has had some experience
with the three over three crows foot spread for top band. This seems to
be right up his alley.

Herb, KV4FZ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK