Re: Topband: Fw: Deterring Critters was:Re: How Good is Good Enough?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: Deterring Critters was:Re: How Good is Good Enough?
From: Paul_group <paul_group@greenrover.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 23:42:06 +0000
On 13/03/2012 01:21, Bruce wrote:
> Speaking of tongue in cheek, I'll bite.  Has anyone found a wire covering
> that the critters do not like to lunch on, or are they using it for dental
> floss ?
>
> 73
> Bruce

The only armouring that I ever had any success with is brass tape.

The rodents still manage to damage it .. but the subsequent damage to
them is far greater.

Many thousands of miles of it in use here in rat filled tunnels
alongside the railways.

Cables carrying AC always seem to be damaged last.

--
73 de Paul GW8IZR IO73TI
http://www.gw8izr.com