Re: Topband: How Good is Good Enough?

To: "Dan Kovatch" <w8car@buckeye-express.com>, "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>, "Mike Waters" <mikewate@gmail.com>, "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: How Good is Good Enough?
From: "Petr Ourednik" <indians@xsmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 14:06:05 +0100
Mike,

I am confirming Carl's experiences. Just in my case the BOG is 600' long
and terminated at 330 ohms. When I tried to use my W7IUV preamp giving
20dB
it was too much and noisy. So finaly I am using this preamp with W2PM
rotary
loop and BOG is used alone w/o preamp and works very well on my
property.
(50 ohms feed line system is used)

73 - Petr, OK1RP