Topband: LF magazine -was- Re: Skywave for LF

To: 73rjkosz@sympatico.ca, n7rk@cox.net
Subject: Topband: LF magazine -was- Re: Skywave for LF
From: <rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:29:50 +0000

There is a printed monthly magazine called "Lowdown" published by the
Longwave Club of America, running typically 24 pages, covering everything on LF
from "Natural Radio" (sferics)) to 500 kHz, and MedFers. It costs $23 per year
in the US. There is often good technical content, and of course loggings.

Contact publisher Bill Oliver, 45 Wildflower Road, Levittown PA 19057-3209.
I believe mailing him a dollar would get you a sample copy.

Haven't seen this reported here yet, as far as I remember.   No web presence.

73 Bob k2euh

> If you guys want to get an idea as to propagation, you might start
> listening for NDB's in the mean time. Their is an active reflector for
> that which is here.
>
> NDB LIST INFORMATION PAGE (Members Area/Awards/Listening Events pages):
> http://www.ndblist.info/
>
> To identify what you are hearing you can use this web site.
>
> http://www.classaxe.com/dx/ndb/rna/index.php
>
> Many of these beacons are running 25 watts to mediocre antennas.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK