Re: Topband: Proper Decorum On The "Gentleman's Band"...

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Proper Decorum On The "Gentleman's Band"...
From: "Dave G4GED" <radiodave.g4ged@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 17:39:21 -0000
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
>> This morning, after calling a general "CQ" several times on an
> apparently vacant frequency, the passband of my receiver was
> inundated by someone deliberately sending a continuous string of
> rapid dots---pausing only long enough to see if the barrage elicited
> any response from me---and a terse "QSY"...

I believe that it's high time for every piece of
transmitting equipment sold, to have enbedded an indelible unique identity
code which is included in a high-speed burst with every transmission or by
interrogation. This would identify the owner of that equipment. (similar to
TCP/IP
unique addresses). Yes, it  would take painstaking international
cooperation, legislation
and type approval but when done could be a huge deterrent to spectrum
abusers.
And not just in the amateur service.
My twopennies worth!
Dave