Re: Topband: 2Wire, Inc. 3800HGV-B Gateway. RFI

To: Frank Davis <fdavis@nfld.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: 2Wire, Inc. 3800HGV-B Gateway. RFI
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 18:33:55 -0500
Don't have the time to go into my personal extensive experience with this
one, but there is a 2-Wire  3801 gateway now, with improved circuitry,
hugely upsized cache for forward error correction for vast improvement of
error handling, and knowledge of issues with ham band interference.  You
may find that your methods do not get everything, and the 3801 will be your
answer.

Both my own and my next-door neighbor's 3800 would give up the ghost and
reboot with my 1500 watts on 160 and 80.  Much predecessor activity later,
they replaced both our gateways with 3801's and it has been over a year
with ZERO ham related issues.

73, Guy

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK