Re: Topband: T Vertical feed

To: Paul Christensen <w9ac@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: T Vertical feed
From: ct1ilt@sapo.pt
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 21:48:56 +0000
Hi everyone,

thanks for the answers, I finished today laying down radials in a
total of 48 that vary from 20m to 40m (tomorrow will add a few more).

I tuned the antenna and the final measurements of the antenna are 18m
vertical + 14,5m to each side (29m).

I measured the impedance at the base and it is Z = 23 + 9j with VSWR
of 2 to 1.

The VSWR after 50m of coaxial cable and a home made 1:1 balun (made
with coax) is 1.7 to 1.

I tried the antenna a few minutes ago and I worked a couple of
European guys, will try later for USA.

Tomorrow I might build some LC-Network to adjust the impedance.

Thanks for help guys

73'S
Filipe Lopes CT1ILT

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK