Re: Topband: Caged Inv-L - Pros and Cons ?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Caged Inv-L - Pros and Cons ?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 01:16:26 -0500
Modeling indicates about a 50% improvement in bandwidth with slight
changes in the length of the horizontal wire and series capacitor in
a 3/8 wave inverted L (60' up, 120 feet out) when going from a #12
vertical wire to a 2.5" diameter vertical section (about what one
would get with the Jetstream cage insulators for R and L).

In practice the increase in bandwidth will probably not be as great
because the Q of most real antennas is already reduced by ground
losses.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK