Re: Topband: Interference on 160

To: <ve5ra@sasktel.net>, <jhdmd@bellsouth.net>, low bad reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Interference on 160
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 11:22:38 -0500
This phenomenon not a new one. with the advent of DX clusters and Telnet
spotting networks. IMHO has heightened the blind calling practice.I do believe
there should be some decorum especially on the low bands where the opening can
be brief, to call then listen, but that's MHO.As far as a posted LID LIST.. It
dose not take a rocket scientist to remember. the call's of operators who use
the CONSISTENT dropping there call no mater what to get worked practice. If the
DX the DX station subscribes to working him to get rid of the intenerating
operator, Just rewards bad behavior and other start mimicking it till the
pileup is a out of control. There has been much written on that subject.  Then
there are the pile up police. who make more QRM then the offender .In there
selfrightous way informing the world  ranting on about UP, Split or LID and
filling the cluster or DX summit with there flaming remarks. ( and this elite
DX God's are no angles just big mouth  jerks them selves) Again
 there is northing more rewarding by  working a station AROUND these CC (
constant callers).  73's Wayne W3EA  > From: ve5ra@sasktel.net
> To: jhdmd@bellsouth.net; topband@contesting.com
> Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 08:35:29 -0600
> Subject: Re: Topband: Interference on 160
>
> Great if you can do it.  But on the flip side it condones and encourages bad
> behaviour which may be part of the problem.  In any sport there is a referee
> who catches and penalizes bad behaviour.  Otherwise the game may get out of
> control.  You are the referee.
>
> Doug

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK