Re: Topband: Metal Enclosure

To: Dan Bookwalter <N8DCJ@YAHOO.COM>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Metal Enclosure
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 16:34:22 -0800 (PST)
I've had some luck at the local junk yard and hamfests finding decent size
boxes. Bigger and small boxes seem to be easier to find versus "middle" sized
(like 8x12)
Habitat for Humanity might be another local option.

Buying new will not be cheap. Hoffman boxes are one of the better brands and
they make steel, stainless steel, fiberglass and plastic boxes.

You could build a wood/plywood box and use copper screening or sheet (both
pretty common at scrap yards here) too...

73,
Julius

Julius Fazekas
N2WN