Topband: K9AY Switching box

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: K9AY Switching box
From: "Josep" <ea6bf@ea6bf.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:33:53 -0000
Hi all,

I have recently noted a degradation in the signals arrived to my K9AY loops. In
fact, signals are better on my 25m top-loaded-vertical rather than the loops..
I have checked SWR at the base of the ant and it´s very reasonable, 1.2:1 and
some 40 ohm. Measured inside the shack, and directly to MFJ-259, remains the
same, but things change when i measure it through the switching relay box, SWR
goes up 2.5:1..! I have leaved the coax connected directly to the rig, instead
of connecting it to the relay box, but can switch loops anyway. Advantage of
connecting it to relay box, is to get the Preamp working I guess...So, later
today or tomorrow morning I will try how it works this way. What could be the
reason of that increment in SWR when coax goes thru relay box..? Something has
blown  inside..? Is there anyway to check the box..?

Thanks for help..

Josep
EA6BF
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK