Re: Topband: BCI chase update

To: "'Lee K7TJR'" <k7tjr@msn.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: BCI chase update
From: "Price Smith" <w0rihps@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 18:29:37 -0600
Paul, I will agree with Lee. I think the best would be to use a small relay
that would open the antenna on transmit and also short it to GND. Nothing
touching the Pre-Amp.
All Electronics have some very nice DIP relays that will do the job. I have
no connection with All Electronics, Just a good supplier.

73   W0RI

  Paul you might want to be careful just shorting the  receiver input. This
would also put a short on the  output of your preamp. This would have the
preamp  blasted with RF from your TX while trying to feed a  short. My guess
would be you could destroy  preamps doing this.
Lee   K7TJR  OR
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK