Re: Topband: Bev wire under a path?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Bev wire under a path?
From: "Ryszard Tymkiewicz" <rtym@ippt.gov.pl>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 15:33:10 +0100
<Has anyone any experience of the effect on performance. I will be burying
<approx. 2-3% of its total length.

Neil & All,
I was using this kind of passing roads quite often....usually the distance
was 3 meters in a soil. It was not affecting 160m but on 80m I noticed
a difference , probably a capcitance to a ground was significant.
In my main QTH where I have a lot of houses and tracks around
I'm using thin wire 0,7 mm and a support in 50 % are just trees 3-7m high.
Its easy to throw a reel of such wire over a tree.

                           73 Rys
                          SP5EWY

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK