Topband: Hi-Z Delay lines and new amps for four square

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Hi-Z Delay lines and new amps for four square
From: "Doug Turnbull" <turnbull@net1.ie>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 20:02:35 -0000
Hi All,

      I have recently installed a Hi-Z four square receiving antenna and
have a couple of questions:

1) Should the delay lines be kept rolled up but of course separated or
should they be played out along the ground?

2) I have four of the new amplifiers which I understood to be waterproof but
there are two holes in the back of each amplifier case which seem to open to
the inner chamber.   Are these new amplifiers really water tight?   I have a
food container over each of them which are open at the bottom to keep rain
from directly falling on them.

        I have written Hi-Z twice but no reply has been received and their
phone number is off the site.

                        73 Doug EI2CN

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK