Re: Topband: 160M JT65HF

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M JT65HF
From: "n4is" <n4is@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 23:27:55 -0500
Happy New Year to all

Jim, I'd love to have you as a neighbor. You know how to set up a station
for best performance. I had experience with some stations in my area that
wants to get long DX increasing power without knowing how to do it. I was
able to hear the guy on several  different frequencies and plenty of phase
noise.  Digital modes using AF can be very noisy if you don't know what you
are doing.
I have a DDR SDR and I can see the noise across the band on the water fall
associated with the shift on the digital signal.

Why not allocate digital mode above 1900 KHz?

I know JT65, FSK441, etc. very well.  I was very active on MS on 2 and 6m
when we transitioned from fast speed cw to JT modes 10 years ago. Also I did
EME CW and some JT65 on 144 MHz.

Regards
Jose Carlos
N4IS