Re: Topband: 160M Condx 29 Dec 2011

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M Condx 29 Dec 2011
From: "Ronald Raasch" <la3ana@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 09:52:55 +0100
Yes, superb condx. Called cq for abt 3hours, many RBN-spots from NA over
30db.
15 NA in the log. Guess lot`s of folk have free from job.
kh2/n2nl works 60-70 EU in 1hour...LA is not KH2, but it may display
something.

NA: little less conversation (on reflector) little more action! Remember
it`s the faremost eastern stations who leave the warm bed.

HNY Ronald LA3ANA

Am 29.12.2011, 19:40 Uhr, schrieb Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>:

> You guys are lucky. Two evening ago we worked EU, last night, nothing. A
> few of the big guns W6/7 were hearing EU, not me.
>
> Ray,
> N6VR
>
> Near Prescott, AZ
>
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 6:28 AM, Steve Sacco NN4X
> <nn4x@embarqmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I wandered into the shack overnight to discover excellent conditions
>> into EU.
>>
>> The overall noise level was very low, and I was able to work LY, LA, SM,
>> HA, G, F and PA with only 100 watts around their sunrise (between 05:57Z
>> and 07:06Z).
>>
>> Interestingly everyone was about 559, and I received the similar reports
>> in return.
>>
>> As previously noted, it's been a poor season for 160M; I'm glad I was
>> able to get on the band for the first time last year, when the pickings
>> were better.
>>
>> 73 and HNY to all,
>>
>> Steve
>> NN4X