Re: Topband: FCP Isolation Transformer

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FCP Isolation Transformer
From: VO1HP <fdavis@nfld.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:22:33 +0000
Jack  W0UCE

Many thanks for keeping the new info continually posted to ur website.
I know that
this work takes a lot of time and effort.

I have a question re the diagram of ur personal  FCP and Inv L.  Your
diagram shows the transformer
box and antenna feed point BELOW the FCP.

In my future installation I would like to do it that way ....

The vert section of my Inv L is approx 52ft   and the existing feedpoint
is actually just a foot or so above the radials.
I don't want to loose vertical height so I was thinking of installing
the transformer  3 ft above ground
while keeping the FCP at the recommended height of 8ft suspended with
insulators  between 2x4 pressure
treated posts.  The vertical wire would come down the side of my tower
and attach to a  post through an
insulator and then run back up a short distance of  to get to the
antenna terminal on the transformer box.

If I were to do it that way the FCP would actually be approx 5ft ABOVE
the antenna feed point and the total
length of the vertical section would still be 50-52ft.  Also there would
be a approx 5ft wire from the feed point of the
FCP to reach the FCP terminal on the box.

Any comments?

Frank VO1HP
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK