Topband: QRP'ers

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: QRP'ers
From: Gedking@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:25:38 -0500 (EST)
Why do all these people give a rip if someone gets satisfaction working
somebody a long distance with low power I have a friend who enjoys working
QRP But he is on the east coast and I am envious I can't. I takes skill and
timing getting a QRP signal over the top of those who think they need Multi
kilowatts to work DX. on 160 mtrs.
PS I used to erk some  phone operators when novices had 50  Kc  on the top
end of the novice segment of 15 Mtrs when I was a Novice  running abt 15
wts, my WN8 call seemed to be a passport to get a contact with  DX  using CW
with stations on phone when they called CQ. I think some  operators to the
north and east of us gripped to the FCC and got that section  taken away from
the Novices.
ED   K8OT  ex WN8IOT

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK