Re: Topband: Nice QRPP QSO

To: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Subject: Re: Topband: Nice QRPP QSO
From: Ken <wa8jxm@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 10:52:05 -0500
On Dec 11, 2011, at 9:52 AM, Eddy Swynar wrote:

> One bit of advice, though: save yourself a LOT of potential grief, & limit
> operations between 1800- & 1810-KHz, i.e. the extreme bottom 10-KHz of the
> band. Apart from the W1AW code practice sessions there, that part of the band
> is usually unoccupied. If you call CQ QRP anywhere from about 1812- to
> 1835-KHz, you could well incur the wrath of the DX crowd hunting their quarry
> therein...! Be forewarned...

The Ham world needs to get their act together!     Not complaining about your
advice Eddy, but just yesterday I found the IARU recommended 160m bandplan
(dated October 2010):

1800-1810   digi modes
1810-1830   CW
1812            QRP
1830-1840   DX window

Isn't it nice that the amateur radio bureaucrats are totally disconnected from
reality?

I try to be cooperative but in truth I can't figure out where in the heck I
should operate on 160 with casual CW operation.  I usually hang around 1836-38
for digital (Contestia, Olivia, Thor).

73, Ken WA8JXM

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK