Re: Topband: Nice QRPP QSO

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Nice QRPP QSO
From: Bill Stewart <cwopr@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 08:42:42 -0500 (EST)
Congrats, Gary, on the QRPp QSO. QRP on top band is quite an accomplishment and
is a real thrill when it happens. I recently built a 4 coil Meissner osc, from
a 1924 QST. It uses a C-301A ('24 vintage) tube at about 4 watts input...and
probably about 1.5 out. I strung up a 160m Windom at 30-35 feet...thot it would
be a dummy load...but so far I've worked about 5 states...and Eddy, VE3CUI and
getting pretty good reports. If you hear me down at the low end of 160, pse
give me a call.
Have fun...73, Bill K4JYS (NC)