Re: Topband: Length of inverted-L antenna for use with K2AV counterpoise

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Length of inverted-L antenna for use with K2AV counterpoise
From: "Steve Ireland" <vk6vz@arach.net.au>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 14:08:06 +0800
Hi Guy

Thanks for the reply - most interesting and helpful.  I like your conversion
idea for the 450' ohm ladder line - like open wire line here too.

I did have an 160m inverted-L antenna here with a Moxon-type counterpoise
about ten years ago and it was a very useful antenna.  However, your
counterpoise idea looks like a definite improvement and it would be good to
have a choice of polarization here again.  Most of my 160m DX has been
worked with a cloud-warmer inverted-vee dipole antenna just before sunrise
or just after sunset, but the old inverterted L was better on middle
distances, particularly out into the Pacific, and there are some countries
that I still need out there.

I shall have some fun building one of your counterpoises in the New Year
(and an inverted-L to go with it)!

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ

  _____