Re: Topband: Inv-L swr changing when adding radials

To: "Dan Bookwalter" <N8DCJ@YAHOO.COM>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inv-L swr changing when adding radials
From: "Nathan Moreschi" <n4ydu@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 20:35:55 -0500
Dan,

This is a good thing. Your system is becoming more efficient - this is what
you want. If you desire a better match, you will need to use some sort of
matching system at the base of the antenna. The SWR will continue to rise as
you add more radials, however you will reach a point of diminishing returns.
If you can get to about 16 radials you'll have a decent setup that will
result in fun on topband. Even eight will work with good results.

73,

Nate/N4YDU