Re: Topband: ARRL 160M Test Comments

To: topband@contesting.com, Jeff AC0C <jeff@ac0c.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160M Test Comments
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 18:23:04 -0800
On 12/7/2011 6:15 PM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> The flavour of the comments seems to be distilled as - the rules make it so
> we (west coast) cannot realistically win - so we may as
> well not come and play.  Huh?

The problem, Jeff, is that we're not even in the same contest!  Superb
operators at super-stations out here get beat by a factor of 10:1 by
equivalent operators and stations on the east coast. But more to the
point -- the scoring rules cause east coast guys to not want to work us
because we aren't worth the trouble as compared to working EU.

73, Jim K9YC
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK