Re: Topband: Beverage up but maybe has problems comments requested

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage up but maybe has problems comments requested
From: wa3mej@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 19:31:46 +0000 (UTC)

Gary,

  Yep.. it applies to reactance.. but I am not quite sure that the 1:1 is
working  and I need to run the swr curve on the antenna to verify if it is
correct or not.  I agree it was a little hard to figure out what ON4UN was
trying to say and the fact that I was not going to use the exact core he was
advocating made the problem worse.   But what was even worse was some of the
bad formulae in the original Misek book.. ugh!  It didnt track some of the
stuff currently in use by the guys.

The beverage is partially over a stream and the resistance of the earth is
really good so I have initially only installed one 4 ft ground rod at each
end.  I have two more to install at the feed end.

Thanks again

Jim