Re: Topband: Counterpoise very interresting

To: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Counterpoise very interresting
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 18:33:56 -0500
Hi Guy,

I am chasing down the modeling software to try and get the best results
I can on my small lot and sandy soil. I am not really competing against
other hams but against my own past performance and experiences. What
other hams are doing gives some idea of what might be possible.

Meanwhile I am going to toss as much wire into the trees as I can get up
there along with low or on-the-ground counterpoise and hope for the
best. I'll get some QSOs for sure but more will be better. An end fed
wire and a bazooka were two of the best (multiband) antennas I used
before. The bazooka is directly proportional to the wavelength and I did
mention my small lot. I'm trying to get my wire up before we run out of
operating events for the year.

73,

Bill  KU8H

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK