Re: Topband: 1/2 wave spacing

To: "Dr. Wolf Ostwald" <df2py@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: Topband: 1/2 wave spacing
From: W2XJ <w2xj@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 00:43:31 -0500
But that is Apples to Oranges. Three elements will usually yield more
gain than two.  Typical broadcast arrays use a combination of the two
topologies a two row of three in a line with the second row spaced 180
or so degrees is common in broadcast and yields excellent gain as well
as FB ratio.

On 11/23/11 12:36 AM, Dr. Wolf Ostwald wrote:
> Hi reflectees !
> I  currently have  the setup to try 3el in line against 2 el halfwave
> spaced broadside. I run this comparingly for about two years now and my
> findings are : the broadside radiation from 2el /halfwave is lower than
> the endfire radiation from 3 el 1/4 spaced.  E.g. westcoast USA is
> easier to work with my 2el broadside than with 3 el endfire, not by
> much, but some 2 dbs on the long hauls is frquently encountered, which
> is a lot on 160. This is also commonly described in antenna design books.
> Just a short message from the "been there, done that" department :-)
> 73 de wolf   df2py

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK