Re: Topband: Easy Inverted L for 169 (NCJ M/A 2011) Info Needed

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Easy Inverted L for 169 (NCJ M/A 2011) Info Needed
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 11:57:18 -0700
If the feedpoint is elevated you should have 4 tuned radials.  If it is
ground mounted it needs radial field just like a vertical.  32 is a
decent number more is better of course.  They don't have to be 1/4
either to work.

The current balun or choke is best at the feedpoint but some will also
put one at the radio.

Mike W0MU

J6M CQ WW DX CW Contest 2011
J6/W0MU November 21 - December 1 2011
W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net

On 11/7/2011 9:30 AM, Mark Adams wrote:
> Hi Gang,
>
> I am planning to try this antenna for the winter and need more information.
> The author, NE0U, seems to have no known email address that I can find so
> here goes.
>
>     1. I assume that the vertical radiator and the ground radial are both
>     the SAME length. Correct?
>     2. The sketch on page 20 shows the Ferrite Current Balun a the
>     feedpoint, but the text of the article has it at the transmitter. Which is
>     correct? Does it matter?
>
> Yes, I could goof around with these two items, but I'd rather just put it
> up and dink around only if necessary.
>
> Thanks es 73,
> Mark K2QO
> K2 #543