Re: Topband: Two wire Beverage Question

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Two wire Beverage Question
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 06:45:39 -0500
Hello Herb,

To me, this sounds like a termination problem. If the termination is missing
(or defective), there will be standing waves on the Beverage and at certain
frequencies it will act like a short at the end.

I know you said you swept the antenna on other frequencies, but I can't
think of anything else right now that it might be.

73, Mike
http://www.w0btu.com/Beverage_antennas.html

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net> wrote:

> ...t when I try to RX  with it on 7Mhz the reception (noise level) drops to
> the floor and signals are not there in the West direction (Reverse
> Direction) but OK in the East. ...

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK