Re: Topband: FW: T32C 160 Antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FW: T32C 160 Antenna
From: Don Field <don.field@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 04:51:19 +0000
Indeed so. An 18m Spiderpole, but the top sections are a little thin to
support the top loading, so it is attached at the 15m level.

For receive we have Beverages (about 650ft) to EU/NA and to JA.

1628 topband QSOs to date, including a number of Europeans, both ways round.

Main topband operators include myself, G3WPH, FM5CD, G7VJR, MD0CCE, GM3POI,
G3SVL, GU4YOX, etc.

All in all, on 160 we are probably not really disadvantaged with the lack of
the container (Titanex vertical) on the antenna front. For equipment the
situation is a little more complex. Instead of the planned FT-5000 and
Quadra linear, we are managing with an FT-450D and Expert 1K linear. This is
fine, except that the FT-450D lacks a separate rx antenna input, so we have
had to put together some external switching which hasn't been 100% reliable
- real Field Day stuff!

Don T32/G3XTT

On 5 October 2011 15:25, Jim Junkert <k0juh@comcast.net> wrote:

> CORRECTION
>

> My earlier post stated T32C is running a vertical on TB.  This is
> incorrect.
>

> Their website listed a 160 vertical but it may be one of the items in the
> sea container
>
> that never made it to the island.
>

> According to an T32C update on the Daily DX Bulletin, they are using a T
> antenna over
>
> ground radials 15m high on TB.
>

> 73, Jim, KØJUH

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK