Re: Topband: Rx antenna suggestions

To: <Gary@ka1j.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Rx antenna suggestions
From: "n4is" <n4is@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 05:50:45 -0400

Hi Gary

>>I need to do something with my Rx antennae <<

First thing to do is detune or neutralize your TX antenna during RX, a
vacuum relay disconnecting the center of the coax maybe enough,. NX4D
figured out that it was not enough for his insulated tower, it was necessary
a second relay and a detuning wire coming from 18ft as W8JI suggest n his
site to detune a tower.

The TX antenna is resonant and it dominates any RX antenna reradiation
signal and noise. The iteration is severe and you see no improvement on
signal noise between the Inverted L and any RX antenna around.

Regards
Jose Carlos
N4IS

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK